IAG International is immediately seeking a Structural Engineer, reporting to the Engineering Manager, with a strong background and driven personality to design nuclear-regulated structures to meet estimated load requirements, computing size, shape, strength, and type of structural members. The Structural Engineer will also perform structural analysis of plans and structures.
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for designing of reinforced concrete structures, steel frames and connections, steel shell structures, foundations, and support structures. The Structural Engineer will perform structural analysis of steel and concrete structures, foundations, and structural components, for static and dynamic loads, including seismic, wind, blast, tornado, and impact loading. Additionally, the Structural Engineer will plan, coordinate, or prepare design and equipment specifications and evaluate vendors for Civil/Structural design and construction.
IAG International is seeking candidates with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in structural engineering (or equivalent), and a Bachelor of Science degree in Structural, Civil, or Mechanical Engineer is required. A Professional Engineering License is strongly desired. More details are described below:
Role & Responsibilities
- Providing technical assistance, direction, and support process design engineering and field engineering.
- Ensuring all work is done per latest revisions of design drawings and specifications, and code requirements are met.
- Trouble-shooting the design, resolving issues with engineering and/or fabricator using formal field documentation processes.
- Providing support to field engineering organization in establishing requirements for work plans and procedures.
- Identify scope of installation work packages for scopes of work in support of the construction schedule.
Education and Licensure Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Professional Engineer registration is desired
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- At least 10 years experience in civil/structural engineering is required.
- Working knowledge of civil and structural design codes and requirements is strongly desired, e.g. ACI 349, ACI 318.
- Experience with field evaluation / resolution of steel and concrete structural design issues is strongly desired.
- Experience with development and maintenance of design related calculations is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with seismic design methodology is desired.
Desired Behavioural Attributes
- Basic understanding of design/design configuration, project management, maintenance and procurement processes associated with large industrial plant equipment.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound engineering judgments based on experience and application of good engineering practices.
- Demonstrated strong planning, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills, with ability to work independently while ensuring that goals and objectives are met.
- Capable of working efficiently and effectively across organizations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products, specifically Word and Excel.