IAG International is actively seeking a Water/Wastewater Engineer with 3 to 5 years of experience join world-class office in Mogadishu. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated WaterEngineer, to join our team and with the support of a strong nationally recognized technical staff from one of the best-qualified consulting firms in the Somalia and the middle East.
Primary focus for this Engineer will be planning, design and construction administration for many project opportunities including- water, wastewater, stormwater and water management. Management responsibilities would include working under the direction of the Project Manager or Sr. Engineers to assist in the development of project scopes and budgets, having interaction with clients and assisting with project management activities.
Technical responsibilities will include; facilities planning, project design, permitting and construction administration activities as well as developing design reports and construction documents. Projects can involve facilities planning and design for treatment plants, pumping systems, pipelines, collection systems, green infrastructure, and flood protection. Our company culture requires staff to be self-motivated, team-oriented, and flexible, with the initiative to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
If you excel in a fast-paced environment this could be the role for you!
Primary Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To-
- Work on water / wastewater / stormwater treatment and conveyance including- planning, process evaluations, detailed design and construction administration.
- Field work to include, for example- conducting site visits, sampling, analyzing data for water quality, technology evaluations and plant operations information, process troubleshooting and optimization, as well as condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities.
- Client facing work including preparation and conducting of effective presentations, participation in client meetings and field interaction with clients and subcontractors.
- Excellent, clear and concise, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with staff and clients.
- Ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, as well as strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercises judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Ability to ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards and facilitate coordination for completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
- Supervising and supporting the work of others across the region while mentoring junior level engineers and technical staff.
- Participating in professional associations, activities, and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of project teams.
- Ability to balance multiple assignment and activities to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to see projects through from initiation to completion.
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Water Resources Engineering
- Experience performing theoretical investigations and work in the field.
- Prior experience at consulting firm or municipal work environment.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD drafting software, Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling software.